YOUR BANKRUPTCY CHECKLIST
The Law Office of Bankruptcy Attorney, John S. Simonian, wants to make the debt relief process as easy as possible for you. These checklists outline the documents you need to bring with you during your meetings with Attorney Simonian and the bankruptcy trustee. It's okay if you are unable to gather all the information prior to your meetings with Attorney Simonian. He will work around your circumstances and assist you with the required documents.
What to Bring to Your Free Consultation with Attorney Simonian
- The completed Bankruptcy Questionnaire. If you are unable to finish the entire questionnaire or are unsure about filling out any part of it, complete as much of it as you can. You and Attorney Simonian can work on the questionnaire together at his office when you meet.
What to Bring to Your Bankruptcy Meeting with Attorney Simonian
- Your federal tax returns for the last 2 years.
- Your pay stubs for the past 7 months.
- The latest statements for all of your debts.
- Your latest mortgage statement.
- Your latest car loan statement.
- Any other loan statements.
- All notices from collection agencies or law offices.
- All court summons related to unpaid debt.
- Any arrest warrants for unpaid debts.
What to Bring to the Bankruptcy Trustee Meeting
(Meeting of Creditors)
Since you will be going through a metal detector and your belongings screened, it is best to bring as little as possible with you to the bankruptcy trustee meeting. However, you and, if applicable, your spouse, must bring the following:
- A photo ID, such as a driver's license or other form of government issued photo ID.
- Your social security card or other acceptable proof, such as a Medicare card or W2 form. Please note that a tax return is NOT acceptable proof of your social security number.
Bankruptcy Lawyer for Rhode Island & MA.
376 Broadway Providence, RI 02909
phone: 401-941-4800 fax: 401-785-8313